Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Trainer Evaluation

This past Saturday, I had my first meeting with a Personal Trainer at my gym. It was just the initial assessment, and it went exactly as I expected. My cholesterol's great, my blood pressure and heart rate are good, my BMI is way too high, and my flexibility sucks. All exactly as I predicted. Oh, except I've lost 3 lbs. No, not 3 real lbs, their scale is just 3 lbs under my home scale. I hadn't really lost anything - I had weighed myself at home before I went and I was steady with my previous weigh in. 

During our consultation, he tried to pin me down to measurable goals. I explained to him that I'm focused on increasing strength, balance and flexibility and not a particular weight. I explained to him that I wanted to lose about 40 more pounds, but I wasn't concerned if it took me a year or two years to do it in. All I am concerned with is making sure it's the last time I lose this "last" 40 lbs.  He still tried to pin me down to a specific amount of lbs in a specific period of time, but I'm not falling into that trap...for the same exact reason that I'm not making a new resolution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment