Monday, February 10, 2014

Weight lifting

So far I've completed 4 of the 5 training sessions I paid for at my gym. I got off to a rocky start. I had originally scheduled them for Saturday mornings, but he had training for a triathlon he's completing this spring scheduled at the same time. I tried to work around the schedule and suggested a Sunday, but he can't work Sundays. We finally settled on Wednesdays after work. 

The first training session went well, I was able to complete every move he gave me. He's not much of a talker, and we have nothing in common except running, so conversation is a little forced. I figure I'm not paying him for conversation though, and the workout kicked my butt! I was sore enough to definitely feel it for a few days, but not too sore that I couldn't take care of the kids. 

The second session was canceled due to him being sick and we decided to just make it up the following week. 

Makeup session 2 and session 3 and 4 went well. I got a very good workout each time and am adding some new exercises to my toolkit. My favorite part so far is that he gives me exercises that work my abs without having to lie down on the floor. Score!  I always hate working out on my back. I feel like a stuck whale. 

I has to cancel on session 5 and we'll make it up this week. I had a very bad case of viral gastroentisis that made me feel like, er...wish, that I would just die. It was awful. Luckily, I shared the joy with my husband and we were both immobile in bed. We couldn't move or think. Thank goodness there is 8 years between the kids because we were able to out the girl child in charge of the boy. Here's her in charge of the boy:


No comments:

Post a Comment