Friday, February 14, 2014

Ba-hum-bug

Today was awful. The baby was up half the night. He sounds like he's coming down with something. The lack of sleep left me in a horrible mood. I didn't have any coffee, and found myself starving before I walked out the door, so I grabbed a Girl Scouts Thin Mint. I then proceeded to stop at McDonald's fora small hazelnut coffee, which was not in my meal plan either. 

When I got to work, I saw that everyone had brought in treats for Valentine's Day. I was still starving, so I grabbed a handful of Bugles. 

At this point, I knew I needed to go get my veggie omlette before I ate too many treats. I managed to do well until lunch time. Today, the finance team was invited to lunch in the canteen downstairs by the CFO. We were supposed to eat at noon. By noon I was starving...but noon came and went and the CFO didn't show up. Around 12:15 I had to eat something. I was feeling shaky, so I grabbed another handful (or 2) of Bugles and a cookie. When I went back to my desk to eat it, my boss informed me that the CFO wanted to go at 12:30. 12:30 came..12:31...12:32...12:33...12:34...12:35.....finally, at 12:36 he stepped out of his office and was ready to go. Despite snacking, I was still starving. 

Lunch wasn't too bad; a small piece of beef loin, asparagus, and garlic mashed potatoes. 

By dinnertime, I was starving again. The hubs went all out on a Valentine's meal, but it took forever to cook. In the meantime, I partook in the wine that he bought to go with the veal, some cheese, and a lot of French bread. I was awful. 

I feel like I'm on this never ending battle of great intentions, but I just can't pull it together and resist temptation as the day grows long. And...I'm disappointed that despite going to bed earlier, I'm still tired AND the scale is not budging. :(

On a happier(?) note, Wednesday's strength training is still kicking my butt and every muscle in my body is sore, so I know I worked hard. I need to do another side by side picture comparison since the scale hasn't budged, to see if I'm making any Non Scale progress 

No comments:

Post a Comment