Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Plateaus and Cookies

The past few months have been hard. I've found it difficult to find the energy to workout when I get home and therefore have only been working out about 3 times a week. For some this may seem like a good amount to exercise, but for me it's not. I have a very sedentary job and an hour and a half of commuting time each day. To give an idea of how little I move during the day, on days that I don't workout, I only manage around 3,000 steps on my activity tracker. The goal is 10,000, so I'm getting less than 30% of my goal activity in. 

This has made it very hard to lose weight. I've been relatively stable weight wise...too stable. I've been plateau'd since before the holidays!  It's so discouraging. :(  My only bright spot is that I haven't gained!

I've got to do something to get more exercise in. I've been doing little things like taking the stairs at work, and staying on my feet when I get home. This has had a very positive impact on my family. I'm helping out a lot more with the housework and cooking and relieving some of the duties from my husband. He's one of those people that never sits down, so he's been picking up a lot of my slack...and I've let him. 

For the past two days, I've been really helping out around the house, doing my fair share. We even cooked together last night. By me being an equal partner, it's changed my quality of life (I'm proud to be helping and therefore happier), and his quality of life (he doesn't hold resentment when I'm sitting down and he's doing all of the cooking and cleaning). When I was off work, I did most of the cooking and cleaning, but since I've been back to work, I've found it hard to muster the energy for a full days work and housework when I get home. Going to bed a little earlier has helped, but the bottom line is that I just needed to Just Do It. 

In other news....my daughter sells Girl Scouts cookies and they came in this week...and I managed to open one of our boxes and only eat ONE!  As someone who thinks Samoas main ingredient is crack, I'm very proud of myself!  We bought 5 boxes and I'm going to try and be very good with them. Fingers crossed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment