Thursday, October 10, 2013

20 day challenge

I'm more than halfway through the week, and so far I've done well sticking to my training plan.  On Monday, I cross trained by swimming 1/2 a mile.  Tuesday, I ran on the treadmill for 2 miles, did a ton of stretching to help my plantar fasciitis, and strength trained my legs.  I also ran a mile with my daughter when she got home from school.  Wednesday was abs, arms, and more swimming.  Today's workout was another 2 miles on the treadmill at a 12 minute/mile and lower body strength training.

My exercise is going well, and my eating was a lot better yesterday.  I even weighed myself and was back down to 196.4 lbs.  I do much better with eating well on days that I workout, but I need a little more motivation, so I've given myself a 20 day challenge.  I so badly want a Garmin watch.  I had planned on asking for one for Christmas, but it's an expensive present and I've already asked for another expensive present (a really nice digital camera).  I've decided that if I can stay within my calorie range for 20 days, I'm going to ask for BOTH presents! 

I never ask for anything expensive because I grew up poor and still live in the mindset that I don't deserve presents.  Growing up, our presents came from the local fire department's toy drive, so I've always felt guilty spending money on myself.  When I go shopping, I always buy everyone else something.  I've even gone shopping numerous times with the explicit instructions from the hubs to get myself some new clothes, and come back with absolutely nothing for myself, but bags of clothes for the kids.  I once wanted a 2" curling iron that was $30, and made myself wait almost a YEAR until I felt I had waited long enough and could finally buy it for myself.  I have no problem giving to charity, friends, my daughter's school...anyone but me.  Since I'm not working currently, I feel even less deserving of buying myself things.  So, I figure if I can set this goal for myself, then I will have earned the Garmin watch. 

One day down....19 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment