Friday, October 4, 2013

Back On Track?

The past few days have been a lot better than the previous week.  My eating has gotten back on track, and I so badly want to keep it that way.  I had stepped out of ONEderland for a day, but I'm back down into it.  I'm trying to give myself motivation, so I keep thinking that it's almost winter (my favorite time of year), and I will soon need to fit back into my ski pants!  Skiing is my very favorite activity, but I couldn't do it last year because I was pregnant.  So, I'm so excited to get back to it!

One way I've gotten my eating back under control is by being super busy.  We had a Girl Scout meeting on Tuesday night, and it was the first I'd be leading for the Brownies.  I spent four hours Tuesday reading and planning the lesson for the night.  It was so much fun, but also so much more work than I thought it would be. 

Wednesday was just as busy.  I had a meeting in the morning with the bank and the other co-leader to take care of our Troop account.  Then I had lunch with a former co-worker that was about an hour away.  It was so much fun!  I miss having candid chats where I can just be my outrageous, crazy self.  Later that night, I had a Girl Scout leader meeting until 8:00pm.  I kind of felt bad for the hubs because as he walked through the door, I handed him the baby and yelled over my shoulder as I left that the Chicken Curry and rice were on the stove and he'd have to finish cooking them.  At the leader meeting, I learned that I didn't know diddly about Girl Scouts, despite all of the reading I did on Tuesday.  One of the lessons I had planned for the next meeting might not be a Go because the badge for it may not be still available.  I guess it was a specialty badge for last year's 100 year birthday of the Girl Scouts.  :(

Yesterday was a VERY good day for my eating.  By the time dinner was complete, I realized I had almost 200 calories left.  I decided on 3 ounces of wine once we put the kids to bed!  I think the reason that I did so well was because I had extra calories from my added activity calories from my 40 minute swim that morning.  I've decided that I have to workout EVERY day because I need those extra calories to eat.

Yesterday, I also made a huge commitment to make sure I stay on track over the winter months.  I'll talk more about this tomorrow, since this post is getting a little long.

Today was a strength training day, and MyFitnessPal doesn't give me any calories for weight lifting exercises.  Grrrr.  Surely, weight lifting for an hour and a half burns calories??!!  It's going to be really hard to get through today without the extra calories to eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment