Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Extended Stay

For the past 3 weeks we've had my in-laws from England staying with us. No, this isn't a bash my in-laws post, I actually love spending time with them. They're two of the kindest, insightful, funniest people I know. When I spend time with them I get to see where all of my husband's wonderful qualities come from!

There is a downside though, I didn't eat my best when they were here. Not their fault. I'm the one unable to say no to great food. This is the reason I don't normally keep it in the house. However, they're in their 70's, still very active for their age, but LOVE good food. My father-in-law has a sweet spot for good cheeses and my mother-in-law bakes fantastic desserts. ...and they're English, so there's always biscuits (cookies) in the house to go with tea. All things I have a hard time resisting. 

Now that I'm not working out of the house, I thought I'd be well on my way to shedding pounds and getting off this plateau. Instead, my eating has been horrible. Luckily, they like to walk, so we got in at least an hour of walking each day, which kept my weight relatively stable. 

Yesterday I got back on track with going to the gym and eating better. I did well with last month's baby step of getting 10,000 steps at least 4 days a week. This month I'm going to keep that baby step and add running at least 3 times a week. Let's hope this moves some lbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment