Saturday, June 28, 2014

Reevaluation

I've been very good about sticking to my plan of running three times a week, and I made it to the gym four days!  (My youngest has had a low grade fever so we didn't go Friday.)  Even with all these fantastic workouts, I've GAINED 3 lbs in a week!

I've pushed myself hard this week. On Monday I ran and then did an intense lower body and ab workout. Tuesday I walked for an hour and lifted heavy weights for back and core. Wednesday I could barely move, literally, so I started out the day with 30 minutes of yoga (before the kids got up!). Then I went to the gym and did arms and swam laps. Thursday I did yoga, ran and did legs again.  Friday was a rest day and today I ran. Each day I also made it a point to walk 40 - 60 minutes with my kids (even Friday). With all that, I STILL gained. I'm so discouraged. 

My eating hasn't been the best. I made the mistake of buying nuts and animal crackers and have binged on both (mostly the animal crackers). I now know I won't be able to keep them in the house. :(

I mentally know that part of that 3 lbs is probably water weight, but I can't handle the gain. My weight just seems to keep creeping up instead of going down. I can't handle the gain mentally, even if it's just retained water, and fear that it will send me into poorer eating habits. So for now, I will be giving up on weight training. 

I read a blog regularly that is pro heavy lifting and boy does the writer look fantastic. They often say...sure you can lose weight just through cardio, but you will just be a smaller version of your flabby self (not a direct quote). At this point, I'll take the smaller version of my flabby self. It beats a larger version of myself any day. :(  So for now, I'll put the weights down and will continue with cardio. I'll also be adding yoga as I've fallen in love with it. Once I'm a smaller version, I'll then concentrate on lifting. 

So that's the game plan for now. Oh yeah, I'm adding a challenge this week too. No alcohol!  I've taken to having a glass of wine (and the obligatory snack that goes with it) every night once the kids are in bed. I need to cut this 280 calories out, so I'm challenging myself not to drink this week. I'll keep you up to date with how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment