Monday, June 30, 2014

Sticking To It

While I've been actively trying to lose weight for 16 months now, the only thing consistent about my plan is that it is consistently changing!  I've used this as a tool to stay motivated, but now I'm wondering if it's actually preventing me from reaching my goals. 

I haven't done any one thing long enough to give it a chance to work. For instance, I made a decision to not lift heavy and concentrate on cardio, diet, and yoga. Then today while I was in the treadmill, I found myself talking myself into heavy lifting!  I really enjoy lifting, I enjoy the sore muscles because they're a (relatively) immediate sign of doing something. When weight loss is so slow (or non existent at this point), I like feeling like I'm actually doing something. Depriving myself with no results suck. With lifting, the sore muscles let me know that I did something. 

I almost gave in and lifted.  Then I talked myself out of it. I need to give myself a month on this new plan to give it a chance. So instead, I decided to blog. ;)  I want to become more consistent...more consistent at blogging and more consistent at sticking to a plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment