Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Protein Powder

One thing I've noticed over the past few months is that I feel a lot less hungry when my Macro nutrient levels are 40/30/30 (carb, protein, fats).  However, I have a really hard time getting enough lean protein to meet this ratio, so I thought I'd try a protein powder. 

Yesterday, I finally went on the hunt for Protein powder and decided to try it. I found a GMO/soy free brand at a local health food store and bought two different flavor samples. Thank goodness I decided to just buy the samples and not spend $40+ dollars on a whole canister because it did nothing for my appetite. I was still just as hungry as I would have been if I wouldn't have had the powder. Two conclusions I came to: 1) the bulk of eating a chicken breast helps fill me up, and a protein shake doesn't hold the same bulk, and 2) chicken breasts are a lot cheaper per gram of protein than protein powder is!

I think I'll just stick to chicken breasts (or fish) and just precook them and keep them in the refrigerator to snack on and get my protein in.  Lesson learned. 

On another front, I've decided to put my scale away until August 1st!  Yesterday, I wrote about not sticking to a plan to give it time to work. This inconsistency is exacerbated by the scale and my emotional reaction to ups and downs. Well, this morning I weighed myself and it was back down. I decided to put it away while it was reading favorably and try to stick this plan out. I've tried to do this before and failed, so I'm taking the scale down to the basement to help me in resisting hopping on. 

Let's see how this goes. This morning's weight was 201.4, so we'll see where I'm at on August 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment