Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Murphy

Today was a rough day. It started with my  17 month old waking up in the middle of the night, and then he got up for the day at 5:00 AM. Needless to say, I've been exhausted all day. 

I spent the first part of the morning cleaning, doing laundry, ironing, putting away dishes, and feeding the kids...basically killing time until the gym daycare opened. However, by 8 the baby was exhausted. Full on, throwing himself on the floor, hissy fit exhausted. I decided to out him down for his nap early and spare the poor ladies at the daycare. 

He ended up sleeping 3 hours!  I should have woke him up after an hour and a half, but to be honest, I was enjoying the quiet time with my 8 year old. Right before he finally did wake up, my daughter asked if she could play with the neighbor kids. She gets so little time to play with the kids in the neighborhood since she spends time with her dad every other day, so I felt guilty about getting her to come home so I could go to the gym. 

Basically I was rationalizing why I shouldn't go to the gym because I was tired out of my mind.  I never did go to the gym and then on top of that, I over ate. :(

I was so hungry today!  I don't know why. The food I ate wasn't very appealing, but I just couldn't stop myself from eating. It seems I'm less hungry on days that I workout. Or maybe it's that I am allowed more calories on days I work out, so I actually get satisfied and don't feel like I'm depriving myself?  Either way, I MUST go to the gym tomorrow. That means I need to get I bed at a decent time tonight so I am not too tired to go. Nighty night!

No comments:

Post a Comment