Friday, March 14, 2014

Bad Choices

I had been doing so good with my eating and exercising over the past week...until yesterday. Last night I was so tired I didn't workout at all. Not even the 40 minutes of walking that I had been substituting my runs for when I was too tired to run. Nope, last night I did nothing and went to bed early. I was exhausted. 

It was an exhausting day. I woke up and got the kids ready for school, then when I went to look for the baby's car seat, I couldn't find it. I called my husband to see if he knew where it was and that's when he realized it was in HIS car, an hour away and almost to his work!  We share the carrier car seat and he had picked the baby up from childcare, and when he got the baby out, he just in strapped him, instead of taking the whole carrier out. Thank goodness we had already purchased the convertible car seat when it was on sale, and had it in the basement, but exchanging the base of the carrier and installing the new seat made us run late. 

On top of all this, my 8 year old decided she wanted an omelet for breakfast. We were already running late and out of eggs, so I offered her cereal. The first three offerings she turned her nose up because she wanted an omelet. Fed up, I told her she was eating Cheerios, the plain kind. She moaned because it was plain, and I offered to add granola to it. She's just discovered granola and loves it, so this was an agreed to solution. Problem though, was my husband picked up a peanut butter granola and she was whining because she didn't want to eat it. I told her to eat it, she's not allergic to peanut butter, she's tasted it before and didn't go into convulsions, she just doesn't like the flavor. Well, I'm not sure if that is true anymore or not because as we're pulling into school to drop her off, she puked everywhere!  Thank goodness for baby wipes because I can't afford to miss another day of work with all the illnesses the baby has picked up from daycare. I had her clean herself off as best she could, then I got out and cleaned everything else up...and I sent her to school. Yep, Mom of the Year here. 

So that's how yesterday started, and then when I got to work, I was handed 15 state income tax extension applications that had to be mailed out the same day!!  So needless to say, my day didn't get any better. By the time I got home, I was too exhausted to work out and after we put the kids to bed, I went straight to bed too. I didn't prepare breakfast or lunch for the next day, so I was stuck eating from the work cafeteria. I did well for breakfast, but I chose horribly for lunch and had a chicken quesadilla on a wheat wrap. Then dinner was equally bad...Panda Express' Brown Rice bowl with beef and broccoli. I weighed myself and I'm up 6 lbs!  I'm sure a lot of it is water weight from the salt, but it still sucks. After not working out yesterday and eating horrible today, I had to break the cycle and I forced myself to walk tonight. 

All in all, I learned that I need to go to the grocery store more often and make sure we have good choices to choose from. Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment