Tuesday, March 4, 2014

So far, so good.

The past week's eating and exercise has been pretty good. The one thing about tracking my calories in MFP (My Fitness Pal) is that it really helps me make healthier choices most of the time. Since I'm trying not to over eat, I'm really conscious of making my calories count nutritiously. Last night when I was packing today's lunch I noticed that I had quite a bit of risotto in my container. This, along with the Johnsonville brat wasn't very vitamin rich. So, I took some of the risotto out and added a cup of fresh spinach!  When I reheat it, the spinach should wilt nicely and be delicious. 

Another change we're making now is prepping for me to be a stay at home mom after this baby is born. I finally finished our budget, and woah. The amount of money we're spending on cable is ridiculous. So, we're researching getting rid of the cable and only keeping the high speed internet and Netflix. That should save around $100/month. 

I also noticed that we spend a LOT of money on what I call Work Meals. These are meals we eat either at our work canteen or out to eat during work hours (this includes driving to or from work). In an attempt to severely cut this out, the hubs and I have made it a challenge to see who can spend the least this month on Work Meals so we are packing our breakfast and lunch. 

Tonight is a rest day, so no exercise on the schedule. My daughter and I (I'm her Troop leader) have Girl Scouts tonight, so there's really no time for working out. The good thing...it really limits the time for mindless snacking too!  Before I left for work, I put beef stew in the crockpot to preempt the pizza I know my husband likes to make in Girl Scout days!  He's going to be so disappointed. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment