Sunday, March 23, 2014

5 miles

The past few days have been difficult. I've felt very hungry and tired. I've done well making sure I still at least walk, but I got a little out I control with my eating the past two days. Having donuts (2 days in a row) in the office, and pizza on Friday, didn't help me one bit. In those two days, I gained a pound. 

This morning I got up early and went for a run outside. It was a little warmer than it has been (20 F), and there was something I haven't seen in awhile....the sun!  I wanted to run 5 miles, but told myself that if I ran at least 3, I would be happy. I felt a lot better on this morning's run than I did last week. I think not having to wear a face mask to run helped. My breathing is a little labored with the face mask, so I felt a lot better today. By mile 3, I was still feeling strong, so I decided to go for 4. As I approached 4 miles, I was getting tired, but knew I could pull out 5 if I didn't run close to my house, so I headed towards the back of my neighborhood to force me to run a full 5. It worked!  I feel very proud of myself.

Before I found out that I was pregnant, I had just upped my mileage to 5, and was on schedule to run 7 the next week. Since then, I've felt very tired and between the fatigue and cold have not kept up with my training schedule. This worries me a little about my training for the half marathon I'm registered for on May 18th!  I still have plans to run it, and if all else fails and I have to walk some, I'm ok with that too. My only goal is to keep moving, and not come out of this pregnancy 66 lbs up like I did my last!

Now...if only I can control my hunger today...

No comments:

Post a Comment