Saturday, December 21, 2013

Mind over Matter

I have felt fat all week because I've been eating at my TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) of 2,000 calories instead of at the Weight Watcher's suggested Point value for me...averages to about 1,600 calories for this breast feeding momma. 

I've been reading about Eating More to Weigh Less to increase your metabolism and how it will help you get over a plateau, and no matter what I read, it's hard to get my brain to get past the mindset that I have to have myself in a serious calorie deprivation in order to lose weight (which is not sustainable long term). It's years of bad dieting advice that still affects my mood to this day...which is why I've felt fat all week. :(  Imagine my surprise when I finally stepped on the scale and had actually LOST weight!  

It's going to take time to get my mindset changed...and it makes me mad that, in this day and age, our understanding of health and metabolism is so off base. 

No comments:

Post a Comment