Saturday, December 7, 2013

Sick

I woke up sick this morning. I have a sore throat, runny nose, and overall I just feel achy. I looked up the weather, trying to give myself an excuse not to run, and saw it was 3 degrees Fahrenheit. Despite both obstacles, I knew I needed to go run anyway. I didn't run on Wednesday, so I had to run today to get my 6 miles a week in. 

I suited up...tights, long sleeve tech shirt, fleece jacket, hat and gloves and grabbed my phone, armband, and headphones and headed out the door before I changed my mind. 

It was cold. Like..oh my f'n god cold. I figured I'd warm up soon, but by 0.25 miles my face was freezing and I had forgot my gum. (I chew gum while running in the teeth to prevent tooth dehydration, which causes sore teeth.). I decided to head back home and lather my face in petroleum jelly to protect it from the cold and grab a piece of gum. 

The jelly and gum worked and I felt much more comfortable. I ran 4 miles and every single step was hard. It was nothing like my run last week, which was enjoyable and easier than I thought it would be. Instead, I could feel that I was sick and every step took a lot of effort. I ended up running the 4 miles in 51 minutes. 


The rest of the day kind of sucked. I was sick, tired, and short with my kids. I attempted to take a nap around 4, and kept getting woke up by my daughter and her friend downstairs. Needless to say, I woke up in just as crappy of a mood. Hopefully, I'll feel better tomorrow and wake up on the other side of the bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment