Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Office Food

Yesterday was a bust. I'm so over Holiday office treats. The past week has been so full of chocolates, cookies, and candied popcorn from Vendors. I'm a sucker for assorted chocolates, or any chocolate for that matter, so it's been a very hard week. 

Yesterday, I tried really hard to resist the food table. I started with a high protein breakfast to make sure my hunger was manageable. It worked for the morning, but I got caught up in finishing a project that was due and soon it was almost 1:30...the time that the café closes. I went and got a salad, filling it with grilled chicken so the protein would tide me over for the rest of the day. When I got to my desk and took a bite of the salad, something was off. The chicken was bad!  By this time the café was closed, and I hadn't brought my lunch....AND I was starving. I decided to hit up the work food table, which had been picked over and all the healthy options were gone. :(  Once I started on the cookies and chocolates, I couldn't stop. :(

I'm so glad the Holiday season is almost over. Thank goodness we bought a treadmill and I've been able to run during this time. It's the only thing that has kept me from gaining weight over the past two weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment