Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A New Day

Last night before I went to bed, I decided that I HAD to run this morning for my sanity...I also had to have a nap.  After dropping the girl off at school, I went straight to the gym. I decided to only run and not do anything else, so that the boy wouldn't be at child care long enough to nap. I also asked the girls to keep him awake. There's one lady there that absolutely adore him, and she said it wouldn't be a problem, she would just play with him and keep him up. 

I'm still trying to improve my speed, so I decided to put the treadmill on a 1% incline (to mimic running outside) and to run at 5.5 mph.  That's approximately an 11:54/mi. I ran for 5 minutes. I had to push that last minute. I do this thing in my head where I count down from 10. Once I get to 0, I reassess if I can keep running. I did that 3 times from 4:30 to 5:00. I then walked for 2 minutes. I then ran for another 4 minutes and walked for 2. At this point, my heart rate would get up to 157 during my running time, and drop back down to 123 by the end of my walks. I ran another minute, then walked for 3. At this point, I was tired and it was taking longer to recover back into the 120's bpm. The last run, I pushed myself to run 2, and then walk the last tenth of a mile.  Here's my summary:


I then did something I rarely do...stretched!  I'm horrible about stretching when I workout, but since I've been recovering from heel pain, I decided I needed to. 

When I was leaving the gym, I saw an email from one of the other lunchroom monitors asking for someone to fill in for them today. I thought about it, so I can get my 25 required hours in, but then I remembered how I snapped at the kids yesterday and told them to "Shut up". I decided I needed to focus on getting more sleep in the bank, so I have more control over my words. 

I ended up getting a pretty long nap because the baby slept more than usual. I thought this would help my eating, but I ended up going 200 calories over. We're very low on food in the house, and I couldn't figure out what I wanted, so I just ate junk. I need to go grocery shopping tomorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment