Friday, September 13, 2013

Sunny Days

I never made it to the gym yesterday. It's not like I had anything better to do.  It's just that I'm still on my two week rest to heal my plantar fasciitis so I can't run or take a workout class and I swam the day before. I hate strength training, so I decided not to go. I know I need to do strength training, but if it's not taught in a class, I find it extremely boring. So instead, I caulked my shower. 

No, that's not a euphemism.  I had removed the old caulk two weeks ago because it was moldy. After I removed the old stuff, the baby woke up from his nap, and I just never got around to finishing it. For the past two weeks I've been taking a shower in my husband's bathroom. Since I had nothing else going on yesterday, I couldn't think of any excuse not to finish the job. 

Yes, the hubs has his own bathroom. He gets the floor all wet, so I kicked him out of the master bathroom and banned him to the one at the end of the hall.  

After I caulked, i went downstairs to catch up on my reading and realized i was starving!  It was only 10:30am, at least an hour and a half from lunch time, and I had oatmeal for breakfast. I shouldn't have been hungry, yet I was ravenous!  I decided to eat a slice of cheese to see if the protein would help. I ate one slice and still felt like i was starving. I had the shakes and felt slightly light headed. I recognized the feeling as how I feel right before I binge. I needed to eat. So I ate a second slice of cheese. I still felt like I was starving. I opened the pantry to look for something that was low calorie, yet very filling. I spotted the half a pack of Snackwell cookies on the shelf. I only let my daughter take two in her lunch, so there were two more sitting in the open pack. I wanted the cookies!  I was afraid that if I had those two, that it wouldn't be enough, and I would break into the full box of them and binge on them. Before I could think too much about it, I grabbed them and turned the kettle on to make tea to eat them with. I was hoping the mixture of tea and cookies would help my hunger be controllable. I ate the two cookies before the tea was even made. I was STILL ravenous.  I decided not to eat anything else until after I drank the tea, in the hopes that it would curb my hunger until lunch time. It didn't. I was still starving. At this point, I decided that I could keep snacking and binge, or I could just go on and make lunch early. I decided to make lunch. I ate lunch and finally felt satisfied. I was able to get back on track and learned that when I feel that hungry, to just go on and have my next meal, instead of binging on snacks. 

Yesterday turned out to be a beautiful day. I made a commitment to get outside with the kids (or do something active everyday), so we decided to set up the pack n play in the front yard and play outside. 

Do you binge?  If so, how do you stop yourself?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment