Saturday, September 14, 2013

My iPhone will not let me curse!

I was going to title this entry "What the hell did I do yesterday?", but every time I went to type in hell, it would replace it with "he'll". Funny enough, when I typed it in the post portion instead of the title box, it had no problem with writing it. 

I just got back from a two mile run. It was my first run in 2 weeks and was supposed to be at the Forest Preserve with my running group. Everyone but one person had cancelled and I figured I'd go so that person didn't have to run alone...and then she never showed up. I didn't want to run in the preserve by myself, so I drove back to my neighborhood and ran there. I decided to focus this morning's run on speed instead of distance. So I decided on a quick 2 miles instead of 3. My goal was to maintain an 11:00/mile pace, but I was all over the place. I had to walk some too. My average pace was 12:36. I have a long way to go. I've decided to cut back on distance, and only run 2 miles at a time, until I increase my speed. Here's an analysis of this morning's run. 


Even though it's a "slow" run to most people, it was fast for me. I pushed myself hard.  This was evident when I say down to write this post, and couldn't remember what the hell I did yesterday!   I had to look through my pictures to remind myself. (What did we ever do before smartphones?!)

I started yesterday morning off by taking my car to the Volkswagen dealership to get a rubbing noise checked out. I thought it was the breaks, since it happened when I applied the breaks, but the previous Firestone garage told me it wasn't the breaks, but had no problem changing and charging me for new back breaks!  It didn't fix the noise, so imagine my surprise when the VW service center told me it was a brake shim that wasn't tightened down that was making the noise!  They fixed it and only charged me for the labor (still $125 !). I'll be writing a review on the Firestone place, and may call them too. The good thing is he noise is gone, and now I know where to take my car for service!

While my car was being repaired, the dealership dropped me off at the Mall across the road. I went to Kohl's to shop their clearance racks for 12 month clothes for my son. I ended up getting him 7 full outfits, a pair of shoes, some pajamas, and a fleece for my daughter for $97 !  I was waiting in line to checkout, when the girl in front of me used a coupon on her phone. I thought, I wonder if I can find one through google, and sure enough, I found a 20% off on retailmenot. Score!

The rest of the evening was uneventful. My daughter had soccer practice, the hubs made dinner, I busted his balls for eating a bowl of ice cream afterwards, and then we bathed and put the kids to bed. 

After the kids are in bed, the hubs and I watch TV in the den together. I was playing on my phone and decided to look up some fun runs in the area. 

I'm trying to work on running with my daughter. I noticed at soccer practice that she runs with her head down and chest forward, which gives her horrible balance. I fear she's going to trip and break her nose. I thought that if I fin a fun run, it can be something we can practice for and something she can enjoy. I want her to love running as much as I do. 

So I looked online and saw that during the Chicago Hot Chocolate 15K/5K, there's a 1 mile walk/run to support autism (I have an autistic brother, so there's a soft spot in my heart for runs that support autism.)  They've incorporated this run into the Hot Chocolate festivities, so they'll be hot chocolate and chocolate fondue with marshmallows afterwards. I know that she would have so much fun, so look what I did!


I signed her an I up to run it together!

I spoke to the hubs, and we've decided to make a weekend of it and stay downtown. We haven't stayed downtown in almost a year, so I'm super excited!!

Have you ever done a fun run?  Have you done one with your kids?  If so, which ones?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment