Friday, September 27, 2013

Not So Rest Day

I woke up this morning motivated to clean. That lasted all of ONE hour. 

After doing a load of dishes, washing a load of laundry, and folding (and putting away!) two loads of laundry, my motivation soon faded. So, I made myself a cup of tea and sat down to watch the morning shows. At the first commercial break, I decided to do a little more cleaning, instead of watching the commercials. I promised myself I'd do this for the rest of the day...whenever a commercial came on, I'd get up and do a little more cleaning. 

I also came up with a plan for when I felt a binge come on. I decided to take the baby for a walk. Well, that was the plan. I didn't really feel binge-y though...well, not until I picked the girl child up from school. Her school is next to a McDonald's and I found myself pulling out of her school and straight into the McDonald's, where I order both of us an ice cream cone. It was a completely mindless act. I didn't even think twice about it until I was finished eating it. I counted the calories, but I hate that I was out of control. And the worst part was that I didn't realize I was out of control until it was too late. :(

It means that I'll have very little calories for dinner, and none for my night time wine. Booo. 

I was doing so well eating for awhile, and I'm trying to figure out what happened to stop my healthy eating. The only thing I can think of is that I added sugar substitutes back into my diet. I've been having Splenda in my oatmeal and coffee, and Coke Zeros when I'm out and about. I think I need to cut sugar (and substitutes) out again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment