Sunday, September 8, 2013

PIZZA and Preservation


 
Today we made homemade pizza again for lunch. As my daughter and I were making the dough, the neighbor girl came over, so I doubled the recipe and we each made our own 12" pizza. We had so much fun. The kids decided to make theirs stuffed crust, so I showed them how to do that. The hubs and I rolled ours out super thin (giving us about a 15" pizza). The dough is super easy to make!

This makes two 12" pizza crusts:

3/4 c luke warm water 
1/2 tsp active yeast
2 c all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
Mix warm water and yeast until yeast dissolves and let sit a few minutes. Add rest of the ingredients and kneed dough. Preheat oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, cook 5 min on parchment paper, top with sauce, cheese, and toppings and turn 180 degrees and cook another 5 minutes. BEST PIZZA DOUGH EVER!

The best part is that I feel full and satisfied for under 350 calories!

Before dinner we went on a family walk through the nature preserve near our house. We took the long trail and there was only minimal whining from the girl-child. I ended up having to switch the side I was walking on because the canted trail was hurting my arch. By switching to the other side I was able to work the other side of my foot muscles. Since it didn't hurt too bad, I'm on track to get back to running after one note week of rest.  Towards the end of our walk, dust was setting in, and the deer became active. We saw two mommy deer, both had two babies. They were about 5 feet from the trail (and us!) when we walked by, which was really cool...and pretty scary. I reminded my the girl-child to stay near me. That they were wild animals, with their babies, and if they felt their babies were in danger, they would attack to protect them.   Here's a photo I took of the family walking, the preserve is gorgeous this time of year. 
 


 
Here's today's food log:


Have you ever made homemade pizza crust?  What are your favorite pizza toppings?  Am I crazy for being so afraid of deer?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment