Sunday, September 15, 2013

Plan B

My daughter has discovered that playing goalie means less running and has been volunteering to be the goalie at her soccer games. I feel so guilty. I know her sedentary lifestyle is a direct result of MY sedentary lifestyle. We're going to change that though. I've made a commitment to her. We've signed up for the Chicago Hot Chocolate Run, and we start training this week! 

Yesterday we had decided to get Mexican after her soccer game. I planned out my meal before going and added the counted the calories. The plan was chicken fajitas, no guacamole, no sour cream, no tortillas, 1/2 cup of beans and 1/2 cup of rice, along with 12 tortilla chips and salsa. This was around 750 calories, which was high for one meal, but since I ran in the morning, I had the calories to go a little higher for eating out. 

When we got there, the waiter informed us that they were out of salsa, so he gave us guacamole with our chips. (What Mexican restaurant runs out of salsa??!!)  I looked at my husband and told him that I couldn't eat that.  He thought I was just being difficult and told me one time wouldn't hurt. After all, we were out to eat. I explained to him that it's never just one time. All those one times add up, and that's how you end up fat. I had made a plan and I was going to stick to it. If this is going to work, I have to learn how to eat out and stay within my calorie range. He offered me a chip and I told him I didn't want a plain chip and I wasn't eating the guacamole with it. I decided that if my only option was guacamole, then I just wouldn't eat the chips and would instead wait for my food. Then I had an aha moment. I remembered when I used to do Weight Watchers, that I would always get pico de gallo. When the waiter came back to take my order, I asked him if they had pico de gallo. He said yes, so I got that. The hubs tried the pico de gallo and loved it, so he decided to have his chips with the pico de gallo instead of the guacamole too!

After Mexican, I dropped the family off at home and went to finally get a haircut. It had been forever since I got it cut. The last time, the lady accidentally ran the scissors through my hair as she was combing it and took a huge chunk out...twice!  After that mishap, I was nervous to get it cut. It grew and grew, and I had to decide if I was going to become Rapunzel, or take a chance with another salon. I'm so glad I took the chance because I love the new place!  My hair looks fabulous and feels so healthy. I ended up cutting 6" off. 

When I got back, the hubs had gone grocery shopping and had our favorite recipe book out. 
I'm in love with every recipe I've ever made out of this book.  Last night, he made a pasta with eggplant and a red sauce. It was divine, and only 350 calories!  Which left enough calories for wine!

Today was a lazy day. When we woke up, it was down pouring. We layed in bed for awhile then had coffee and breakfast before getting ready for church. After church we had the leftover pasta...with more wine. ;)  It was the perfect meal to put us in a food/wine coma, so we took a nap until 5!  We didn't mean to sleep so late, but we probably needed it. The boy had kept us up a lot the night before. 

I wanted to get some items from Old Navy while the hubs was home to watch the kids, so I threw some shoes on and headed out the door. I was giddy. I must admit, I halfway enjoy shopping when I don't have the kids with me. And now that I'm down a size, I had a lot more options. I needed to get some size 14 jeans. 

Before church, I went to my "skinny clothes" storage bins to find a smaller pair of jeans, since the ones I had been wearing were too big. Weird thing though, last month, I pulled the size 16 out to wear because I was down from a size 18. However, there's not one pair of 14's. The next size I have is a size 12 (which are still too small). I have no idea how, when I was gaining weight, I went from a size 12 to a 16...skipping straight over the 14's. So, I went to get some 14's and then to get a few pieces to put together some outfits that I had pinned on Pinterest. I also picked up some more workout clothes. I love their compression pants and semi fitted technical shirts. 

When I got home, this is what I did...
Yep, it's mid September and I turned on the fireplace. This is my favorite thing about our house and fall/winter. It is so relaxing. 

Do you have any tips for eating healthy when going out to eat?  What's your favorite thing about fall?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment