Saturday, September 21, 2013

Dessert

Last night the hubs slept in the spare bedroom again because we're waiting 24 hours fever clear before we let him out of quarantine. ;)  We were missing each other, and started texting back and forth as we lay in bed. It was just silly and flirting, and fun!  He went to give me a goodnight kiss, virtually, and it went a little like this:


In case it's hard to see, he sent an emoticon of a smiley blowing a kiss...and I sent him one back of a smiley wearing a germ mask. He followed that with knives!  LOL  That's one of the things I love about him...his sick sense of humor matches mine. :)

This morning, the girl child had an early soccer game. Afterwards, we decided to go to WholeFoods. We used to do all of our shopping there before we moved further away, and we both miss it terribly. About a block from the WholeFoods, we saw a Rosebud's Italian restaurant and decided to grab lunch there. I'm not sure if it's a national chain, but it's a local chain and we love it!  I got the charred tuna salad with a lemon vinegarette, and it was devine. Just look!  Isn't is beautiful?!


At WholeFoods I was in heaven. We bought good steak and a rack of lamb (which I can't find anywhere near where we live). We fresh ground some peanut and almond butter (can't wait to have the almond butter in my oatmeal tomorrow!), my daughter pilfered all the samples (and some bulk items that weren't supposed to be samples), and I found this tea:


We also got the baby some dried fruit. While the hubs was grilling steaks, I showed him the fruit pieces and said "Look, it's just dried fruit, no added ingredients"...to which he pointed at his deink and said "That's just barley". 


We forgot to get ice cream for dessert (I didn't forget, I'm a firm believer that we don't need dessert everyday), so the hubs had an idea for us to make a fruit salad. The girl child and I made the salads, while the hubs bathed the boy. I must say, it was a great idea because the salad turned out delicious!




Do you eat dessert everyday?  What's your favorite dessert?
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment