Thursday, September 12, 2013

Pound Cake

I signed up for Sparkpeople today because I need motivation / socialization / encouragement. I found the word verification to be quite intriguing, so I took a screen shot. 
I
Yep, pound cake, I kid you not!

After dropping my daughter off at school, I went to the gym and swam 1/2 mile. To swim 1/2 mile, I have to swim 18 laps. I break this down into 3 sets of three different swim styles done twice. For example, I swim 2 free style laps, then 2 butterfly laps, and then 2 laps of flutter kicks with the kick board and then repeat the series three times. I kind of get lazy with the flutter kicks, so I was determined to put effort in them yesterday. Boy do I feel it today!  I was so sore last night, that I had a hard time sleeping. I made sure to eat a banana this morning and drink lots of water. 

Speaking of water, I didn't hit my goal of 8 glasses. I only had 6. By dinner time, I had only had 4, so I drank my last 2 too close to bedtime. I then had to keep getting up and go to the bathroom.  I'm going to try to drink today's 8 glasses evenly throughout the day. 

When I got back from the gym yesterday morning, I received a text from an old co-worker who is now working closer to where I live. She asked if I wanted to meet up for lunch. Adult conversation?  Why, yes I do!  We went to a sushi place in a shopping center that I used to live above. The sushi was great, but the adult conversation was even better!  I need to make it a point to make more friends in the area. I moved here last year, and didn't know a soul. I find it so much harder to make friends now that I'm an adult, especially since I'm not working right now. :-(

I went over my calories yesterday. For one of my snacks, I had a whole bagel with peanut butter and raisins. It was a lot of calories for a snack. I'll have to make it only 1/2 a bagel next time. Here's yesterday's log summary:

How do you make new friends now that you're an adult?  Do you now want pound cake too?

No comments:

Post a Comment