Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Quarantine

My schedule has been off all day today. Normally I go to the gym directly after dropping my daughter off at school, but this morning I had to take the hubs to the doctor. I thought he had Strep, but the culture came back negative and it turns out it's Hand Foot & Mouth Disease. It's viral, so there's nothing he can take to get better faster. He just has to wait it out. 

HFMD is highly contagious. It's not just airborne, but can pass through touching him. He has hives, and if touched they can spread the HFMD. I've quarantined him to the spare bedroom and he's not allowed touching anything outside that bedroom. I really don't want the kids to get this...especially the baby. 

After the doctor's, I went to my daughter's school to fill in for another mom who asked me to do her lunch monitor duty because she had a meeting she couldn't miss. I was happy to help, but once I got there, I noticed another mom had signed in for the grade I was suppose to be covering. I checked the email, and sure enough it said 9/18, but when I looked at the weekly schedule, it said she does it on Thursdays, not Wednesdays. So I replied to her email and asked if she meant 9/19 instead of 9/18. She replied "yes"...that was it. There was no "I'm sorry I got the wrong day"...nothing. I'm a little perturbed. However, I saw the cutest thing. My daughter has a boy best friend that she has a huge crush on. I saw them sitting next to each other at lunch. He's a really nice kid. It was so cute. See??!!


After leaving the school, I contemplated on whether to go to the gym immediately, or whether I should wait until after my son's nap. I was absolutely exhausted and wanted a nap myself, but I also wanted to weigh myself before I ate lunch. I knew if I went to the gym, that the baby would sleep at their child care, and I would lose my chance at a nap myself. So we went home and I tried to get him to sleep. He fought the nap for almost an hour!  I was so happy when he fell asleep and I fell asleep soon after. 

After the nap, we went to the gym. I swam 1/2 mile (40 minutes) and then weighed myself. 


Not a huge loss, but still a movement in the right direction (-0.8 lbs)...and it was after I ate both breakfast and lunch. 

I had to go to the grocery store to get something for dinner. I was absolutely exhausted so I needed something fast, yet healthy. I got one of those store cooked roasted chickens, Stovetop stuffing, and green beans to steam. Total cook/prep time was 5 minutes...and it was good!  The best part is that there is enough for lunch tomorrow!

Have you ever had HFMD?  When you are sick with a contagious illness, how do you prevent the kids (or spouse) from getting it?

No comments:

Post a Comment