Monday, September 16, 2013

Missing 14

As I was getting ready this morning I told my husband about the missing size 14 jeans in my "skinny" bins. He thought for a second and then said "Maybe you got fat in the summer and weren't wearing jeans."  We both thought about it for a second and then he followed up with, "That's profound...nobody gets fat in the summer."

I thought about it, and then realized that they do if they were PREGNANT in the summer!  I became pregnant in May. 

I got very little accomplished today. After dropping my daughter off at school, I went straight to the gym to lift weights. I even did sit-ups. I.HATE.Sit-ups. At one point, I started getting a headache while doing them. I think it was due to my allergies. 

One of my goals is to work on my balance. The gym has this slide mat thingy that you put covers over your shoes and slide back and forth. I decided to give it a try. It was fun!  At first I was awkward and almost fell, but eventually I got a hang of it. I slid for the length of one song and didn't want to quit. I did though because I knew my thighs were getting a hell of a workout and I still had to run in the evening. 

I also tried the kettle bell. I only made it through one rep before my back muscles started hurting. I'll probably try it again. I could use some back strength training. 

After the gym, I went home and got ready to volunteer at my daughter's school. It was uneventful, except, while there I got a call from a recruiter about a job. I explained to him that I won't be looking until January, but I'd updatemy resumé   and send it to him. The good thing is that if he's cold calling me, that means the job market for my field of work is good for when I'm ready to go back. 

The hubs came home early to relieve me from the kids so I could go run with my run group. I felt so bad for him. He's so sick. I tried to get him to stay home from work and rest, but he feels guilty when he takes a sick day. 

I think my run group is disbanding. No one showed up Saturday morning, and only one person showed up this evening. I really enjoy the girls in my run group, so it's sad. I won't be able to make it this Saturday because of my daughter's early soccer game. I saw that the leader of our all girls run group had started a co-ed group, so I'm wondering if she's abandoning the all girls one to run with the other one. :-(

Tomorrow I have to take my car back to in to get serviced again. That damn noise is back. :-/

What's the one exercise you hate the most?  What's your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment